Table of Contents
- 1 Choosing A Good Quality Home Theatre System
- 1.1 Home Theatre – Achieve The Ultimate Cinema Experience
- 1.2 Polk Audio
- 1.3 Klipsch Cinema 600 Sound Bar 3.1 Home Theater System
- 1.4 Onkyo HT-S3900 5.1-Channel Home Theater Receiver
- 1.5 Platin Home Theater System
- 1.6 Nakamichi Shockwafe Elite 7.2.4 Channel
Choosing A Good Quality Home Theatre System
But, most importantly, it’s got to have style. The times have changed with the size of televisions becoming so large and often being mounted on the wall. There is still a need for an organizational piece to place game consoles, DVDs and other media objects. One thing you can do is look at small entertainment centers.
This way you can still mount a TV on the wall should you choose while still having that piece of furniture underneath or nearby. I think that the full wall large scale models are not used much anymore, but small entertainment centers have a purpose and a place in many living room settings.
Home Theatre – Achieve The Ultimate Cinema Experience
These days, a home theatre is one of the most popular home renovation trends around the globe. Homeowners are opting to save a bundle on the cost of theatre tickets by bringing the fascinating world of cinema into their own homes in a big way. Advances in technology and quality products have made this entirely possible.
Quality is Critical
When it comes to creating a home theatre, the choice is yours when it comes to the level of quality that you want to deliver. A home theatre can include something as basic as a television and DVD system or it can include a projection screen with surround sound and, for the family who really wants the authentic experience, actual theatre-style seating.
Every day more new and exciting products become available in general electrical stores everywhere. Plan a visit to your local specialist and experience all the wonderful gadgets and gizmos on offer to create the ultimate home theatre system. From audio to video. From furniture to screens, options are seemingly endless.
Value of Cost
Building a home theatre isn’t cheap, which is why it’s important to set a realistic budget before getting started. Unless you are an expert at installation, hiring a professional to install your home theatre may be a wise idea. This means that you will not only be considering the cost of the theatre itself, but also the labour necessary to get the job done.
If you decide to hire a professional installation crew, make sure that you shop around and compare rates. In many cases, you will save a bundle of money by purchasing the materials yourself. This includes the television or projection screen, seating and sound systems. This way, all that’s needed is someone to install the items and make sure that the wiring is correct.
You may be wondering why it’s important to consider purchasing the essentials yourself. Unless you have full control over the accessories for your home theatre, you will not know whether or not your contractor is charging you the actual cost for materials. By purchasing everything yourself, you can also shop sales and take advantage of some great deals offered by retailers.
Once you have chosen the company to install your home theatre, make sure that you get everything in writing. This includes the cost of all labour, equipment, wiring and ancillary items, the completion time, payment schedules, deposits, etc. If you have a verbal agreement, have it transferred to paper and ensure it’s signed before proceeding with the project.
Here are five products our editors identified. These range in various sizes, but our hope is that it will give you ideas about your own living space.
A very popular choice from those who know what a good home entertainment system should sound like. Well worth a look and liked by many.
- SMALL SIZE, BIG SOUND – Packed in its compact design is a collection of powerful drivers and tweeters, which produce exceptionally clear sound. At only a little over a foot long, these sound bars are a must-have if you have space limitations for your home theater system
- EXPERIENCE IMMERSIVE SURROUND SOUND WITH POLK’s PATENTED SDA AUDIO TECHNOLOGY and 5.1 Dolby Digital coding. The INCLUDED WIRELESS SUBWOOFER fills your living room, bedroom, or media room with multi-dimensional surround sound
- Polk’s exclusive Voice Adjust Technology even lets you INDEPENDENTLY CONTROL VOICE LEVELS maximizing sound clarity and minimizing voice delays and muzzled sounds. Equipped with INDEPENDENT MODES FOR MOVIES, MUSIC, AND SPORTS, it delivers balanced sound clarity so that you hear every word, making your movie, sports and music experience absolutely exquisite
- WIRELESSLY STREAM MUSIC with GOOGLE CAST from your smartphone, tablet or other compatible Android devices for a multi-room system. Cast your favorite music tracks to your sound bar via streaming services like Pandora, Spotify and others
- QUICKLY AND EASILY SETUP THE SOUNDBAR SYSTEM IN MINUTES using the included HDMI and optical cables, the Google Home app on your Android or iOS devices
Klipsch Cinema 600 Sound Bar 3.1 Home Theater System
The name speaks for itself. Stunning sound from almost any product that they produce.
- 45 inches 3.1 Soundbar With 8 inches Wireless Subwoofer
- Best-In-Class 600W Peak Power
- HDMI-ARC: Single Cable, Single Remote Control
- 5.1 Decoding for Virtualized Surround Sound
Onkyo HT-S3900 5.1-Channel Home Theater Receiver
- 120 W/Ch. (6 ohms, 1 kHz, 10% THD, 1 Channel Driven) with discrete output stage circuitry and six-channel analog amplifiers
- HDMI 4 in/ 1 out pass-through of the latest Ultra HD 4K/60 Hz, video formats with HDR (high dynamic range) and HDCP 2.2 content protection. Tone Control ±10 dB, 100 Hz (Bass).±10 dB, 10 kHz (Treble). Signal-to-Noise Ratio- 106 dB (Line, IHF-A Network, 1 k-Ohm Shorted). 106 dB (Line, IHF-A Network, 1 k-Ohm Shorted)- 6 Ohms–16 Ohms
- Dolby Trued and DTS-HD Master Audio decoding. THD+N (Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise): 0.06 percentage (20Hz-20kHz, 8 Ohms, 1 Channel Driven, 50 W). Input Sensitivity and Impedance : 250 mV/47 k-ohms (Line)
- Easily enjoy streaming music with Bluetooth wireless technology with Qualcomm apt Audio
- Includes high-quality six-piece surround-sound speaker system that’s just the right size for smaller living spaces
Platin Home Theater System
- STUNNING SURROUND SOUND | Monaco speakers are individually and collectively Tuned by THX, the uncontested leader in cinematic surround sound. The SoundSend audio transmitter decodes cinematic audio formats, such as Dolby Atmos.
- WiSA CERTIFIED | Monaco components are WiSA Certified—they meet the highest globally-recognized standards for wireless speaker systems, ensuring superior performance, reliability, and interoperability.
- SUPERIOR QUALITY | Featuring 5.1 channels of uncompressed 24-bit 48/96 kHz sound, Monaco delivers rich, robust audio with crystal-clear dialog that’s superior to Bluetooth, MP3, and CD formats. Want to expand your system? No problem. Monaco supports up to eight channels of cinema-quality sound—simply add WiSA-certified speakers.
- SIMPLE TO SET UP | Plug the speakers and SoundSend into power outlets and connect SoundSend to your Smart TV. That’s it. SoundSend does the rest. It connects to your Monaco speakers automatically, creating a robust wireless network for your sound system.
- SIMPLE TO OPERATE | Adjust volume with your TV remote or with the SoundSend app (iOS and Android). Want to fine tune your system? The app makes it simple. For example, easily calibrate your sound around a designated sweet spot in the room, using the exclusive My Zone feature.
Nakamichi Shockwafe Elite 7.2.4 Channel
800W Dolby Atmos Soundbar with Dual 8” Subwoofers (Wireless) & 2 Rear Surround Speakers. Enjoy Plug and Play True 360° Premium Cinema Sound & Room-Shaking Bass
Transform your living room into a premium cinema within minutes. Experience deep, room-filling bass with the industry’s only Dual Wireless Subwoofers and True 360° 7.2 channel surround sound with the Soundbar + Two Rear Surround Speakers.
Discover what you have been missing from movies, music and games and step into the future of home theater. Created with the same DNA as our flagship Shockwafe Ultra 9.2.4 SSE, Winner of the best Dolby Atmos Soundbar Battle (hosted by Brian Tong, Ex Cnet host)
- Our DUAL 8″ WIRELESS SUBWOOFERS (industry’s first!) produce ground-shaking rumbles that you will hear and feel from anywhere in your living room. They merge to distribute adrenaline-pumping bass effects evenly throughout the room with zero localization. Altogether, the sound bar with subwoofers unleash cinema-level volumes without a trace of distortion, replicating the perfect cinema experience. Agreed among experts, TWO subwoofers are a must for ultimate home theaters.
- TWO 2-WAY REAR SPEAKERS (industry’s first!) produce spacious and dynamic surround sound. Each of them (connected to sub via RCA wires) is constructed with a tweeter that reproduces high frequencies with captivating clarity, and a full-range driver that delivers surround effects with power and precision. Simply put, the surround sound performance from simulated/virtual 2.1 or other 5.1 channel surround soundbars does not come anywhere close to this.
- Experience a whole new level of surround performance with our exclusive Spatial Surround Elevation SSE Technology. Featuring 3 advanced audio processing engines working in harmony to enhance directionality, enlarge spaciousness and unlock extra details of any audio soundtrack. Envelop your home theater with up to 7.2.4 channels of Dolby Atmos or DTS:X moving audio that flows all around you. Unleash the full dynamics of your audio experience with 106dB of room-filling sound.
- All units sold since Aug ’19 can receive Dolby Atmos surround via TV’s eARC when streaming with TV’s smart apps like Netflix (Note: not all TVs can output Atmos. Refer to your TV brand’s audio output specs). Enjoy advanced connectivity with Dolby Vision, 4K UHD pass-thru and High Dynamic Range (HDR). Connect up to 6 devices via 1 HDMI ARC, 3 HDMI, 1 Optical and 1 Coaxial inputs. The 52-key backlit remote allows seamless control of sources, DSP modes, individual channel and room size optimization