Home Ideas and Home Security
In the spring and summer time, curb appeal is relatively straightforward in keeping your yard and surroundings looking green and manicured. Once the cold weather comes, we tend to retreat back into our homes and forget about curb appeal.
Whether you are trying to sell your home or wanting your grounds to stay looking neat, curb appeal is important all year around. You can still have a yard and a garden to be proud of by using these simple tips to create curb appeal throughout the cold season.
Image via: William N. Fish
Home Security System with Optional 24/7 Professional Monitoring
- A great fit for 1-2 bedroom homes, this kit includes one base station, one keypad, four contact sensors, one motion detector, and one range extender.
- Put whole-home security at your fingertips with Ring Alarm, a do-it-yourself alarm system with optional 24/7 professional monitoring for $10/month.
- Voted #1 for Customer Satisfaction with DIY Home Security Systems by JD Power, this award-winning system now includes a more intuitive keypad with emergency buttons and smaller contact sensors to seamlessly blend into your home.
- Receive mobile notifications when your system is triggered, change your Alarm modes, and monitor all your Ring devices all through the Ring app.
- Choose the Ring Alarm kit that fits your needs and add additional components and accessories at any time.
- Easily setup your Ring Alarm by plugging in your base station, connecting to wifi via the Ring app, and placing your sensors in their ideal locations.
- Arm and disarm your Ring Alarm security system with your voice and receive Smart Alerts with Alexa Guard when paired with select Alexa-enabled devices.
Pay attention to your lawn and shrubs
Once your lawn goes dormant in the fall season, the grass may not need to be cut, but it still needs attention. For warmer climates, removing weeds and edging can be done monthly to keep the lawn looking neat.
In colder climates that snow, keep sidewalks and entryways free from snow, ice and debris for safety and curb appeal. Depending on the variety of shrubbery and trees you have it is important to cut them back before the dead cold winter sets in.
By cutting them they will look more manicured and will not drop as many dead branches, therefore causing debris in your yard and walkways.
Image via: Westover Landscape Design
Brighten your exterior with color and lighting ideas
Before the winter sets in deep, why not add a fresh coat of paint to the exterior of your home? Your home could use the seal of weather protection from the moisture and elements and a new or fresh color always helps a home look new.
Even though the flowers are gone, there are still opportunities to bring color into your yard. In warmer climates, flowers can be replaced with heartier shrubs in colors from deep purples to light greens. In colder climates, decorate mailbox, and front entry areas with artificial greenery or hang a colorful wreath on your front door.
Rubber mulch, pine bark or rocks are another way to add visual interest and color to your surroundings. How your home looks at night is important and can help guests get safely to your front door at night.
Walkway lights and garage sconces will illuminate the walk and driveway, and cast a glow on your home. If you’re trying to sell your home, many home buyers drive through neighborhoods at night to check safety and traffic patterns. Ensure your home won’t be hidden in the shadows.
Image via: Stonewood
Waterproof Outdoor Warning Step Lights
- 🌟【Solar Powered】 High efficiency and environmental protection solar panels，automatically recharges during the day and glows when night falls.Each light has 6 premium quality leds which gives out a visible super bright and steady light for more than 875 yards.
- 🌟【Ultra long Lighting Time】Built-in 600mAH large storage battery, 6-8 hours solar charging time when in good sunshine condition, enough to supply the leds up to 5 days.
- 🌟【Waterproof & Resistance to Pressure】IP67 waterproof could run well even in rainy weather. High quality heavy metal frame，Bear 50% weight than other lights，which means that it will not be damaged even the car or truck run over it.
- 🌟【Easy Installation】This light can be quickly installed in any ground where it can absorb the sun light directly. With its wireless design, you can fix it with screws or glue, 8pcs screws included in the package,（ Just like the JP2023A Screw ）The screws are more in line with the usage habits.
- 🌟【Warranty】 The new upgraded (ON/OFF) button can effectively solve the problem of power loss caused by being placed for too long, and the battery life is extended by 30%，if there is any problem with the solar dock light, please feel free to contact us.2 year warranty.
Check It Out On Amazon.com
Fall maintenance preparation
Falling leaves, pine needles and miscellaneous debris will fall into your gutters throughout the season. Check regularly if they need to be cleaned out. Overflowing debris is a sign to guests and potential home buyers that you aren’t keeping up with maintenance on your home.
While the holiday’s means bringing out lawn décor and lighting, remember to keep it tasteful and limited. If your lawn is covered with only holiday décor, your home will lose its curb appeal and purpose.
Image via: The Collins Group
Take cues from popular home magazines on festive holiday outdoor décor that will enhance, rather than detract from your home. Don’t think that cooler weather means you don’t have to pay attention to the outside of your home until spring!
On the contrary, your home still has a beautiful presence and shouldn’t be neglected because the weather changed seasons. Use these helpful tips for bringing curb appeal to your home any day of the year!