Table of Contents
Normal Reclining Chair or Massage Reclining Chair
Let’s be honest: when we hear the word “recliner,” we may think of comfort, but in days gone by you would instantly think of an overstuffed monstrosity that belongs in a home stuck in the 1980s or beyond.
After all that holiday indulgence over the past few days (or again, if we’re being honest, it’s probably more like weeks), tilting back and taking a nap in an Uber-comfy easy chair pretty much sounds like heaven right now.
So, we’ve met ourselves in the middle as our middles are expanding, and we’ve pulled together a roundup of ten super-sleep, mega comfortable modern recliners for sleeping away all our high-calorie holiday sins.
We are now in a position of having fantastic modern recliners, either electric recliner for those who want real plush comfort and all the gadgets that go with it, or a manual recliner with the basic settings to assist you.
Leather recliners are the fashion these days, materials can last a lifetime. Add to this a recliner with massage facilities and we are talking a very relaxing environment that can make life feel so much better when you need a boost.
Ask any expert to list the benefits of massage therapy, and you’ve got quite a lengthy conversation on your hands. For those of us who don’t have the time to schedule appointments at the spa, there’s a singular solution much closer to home.
Modern massage recliners are great in a place where you can work, read, watch television and/or hold full-fledged conversations, all the while enjoying the sensation of having your stress kneaded away. You could even have a massage reclining chair in your office. After all, you spend more than a half of your life at work.
While each appears to be soft leather upholstery, a few offers animal-friendly coverings for those who prefer alternative upholstery options. Either way, the massage capabilities (and, in one case, heat therapy) offered in this collection are enough to lower blood pressure, ease joint pain and put us all in a better frame of mind altogether… bathrobe and cucumber water optional.
After a long hard day at the office, wouldn’t it be nice to get a massage? Unfortunately, you have to first find a certified or licensed massage therapist. If you’re lucky and know someone or have a regular therapist you work with, you still have to schedule an appointment. After you call and set the time, you must get back into your car and drive to the therapist’s office.
In today’s world, most of us want instant gratification and have limited time in our hectic life. If money was no object, most of us would get a massage every week, or possibly two or three times a week.
Let me pause here for a moment. It is very ironic that I would write an article about massage recliners because I am a certified massage therapist. As a therapist, my first goal is to help the client get healthy. Sometimes I refer a client to a chiropractor or to an acupuncturist that can better serve the client’s needs. The same is true about massage recliners. With new technology massage recliners have advanced beyond clunky massage rollers to high-tech massagers that can emulate the human touch.
There are many health benefits from a massage from a trained therapist or a massage recliner. A trained massage therapist knows how to get the kinks out of your back and relieve the muscle tension from everyday stress. Massage recliners have superior technology and do more than rub your back. Alternative models from Human Touch, iJoy, Panasonic and Sanyo can also massage the legs, feet, arms and shoulders.
Health Benefits of a Massage Recliner
- Improves lymphatic flow. The act of massaging and kneading the muscles increases blood flow. Health benefits are better circulation and absorption of nutritional elements into the muscles and tissues. In addition, kneading the muscles helps clear out toxins out of the muscles.
- Decreases muscle tension and improves flexibility. Body tension and stress causes the muscles to tighten and shorten. Health benefits include loosening tight muscles and restoring range and flexibility.
- Massage therapy produces the ‘feel good chemical’, the same endorphins that are increased after working out at the gym. This ‘feel good chemical’ helps speed recovery, reduces pain and reduces anxiety.
Another benefit seldom discussed is clearer thinking. When you are out-of-body pain and it restores the range of motion to your neck, your mind can better concentrate on your everyday tasks.
Rates for a massage therapist can range from $40 to $100 depending on the therapist’s level of training and the city they are in. Massage recliners are not cheap and can cost thousands of dollars. But over time, a massage recliner can pay for itself and provide many health benefits. Other considerations of cost savings are other family members using the massage recliner. In addition, some massage recliners are very stylish and are a handsome addition to any home décor.
Another benefit of a massage recliner is the fact it is a recliner chair. Anybody who has ever sat in a recliner knows how comfortable it is. Even if you do not activate the features of the massage recliner, the recliner itself has health benefits. The simple act of just sitting in a comfortable chair relaxes your body and eases body tension.
It’s your choice. Buy a massage recliner or call a massage therapist. Either you choose will have many health benefits. To make your buying decision easy I’d suggest scheduling two or three appointments with a certified or licensed massage therapist. Then try several brands and models of massage recliners to compare results.
Reclining Gaming Chair
Obviously not what everyone is looking for as this is a gaming chair. But what a way to relax when you are into your console games. A stunning reclining chair design that is very popular for all the right reasons.
- CONSOLE GAMING COMFORT provided by a plush removable headrest pillow and segmented padding that lead to the ultimate experience a fully functional gaming recliner that lets you level up while laying back
- CONTROLS AND DRINKS AT THE READY with a removable side pouch that hangs off the left arm to keep game controllers close and a cupholder built into the left arm so you don’t have to pause the gaming action to refuel
- CONTINUOUS SURFACE WITH INDEPENDENT CONTROLS The chair and footrest are a continuous surface, no open spaces to get wires caught, but operate independently to give you total control over your gaming chair experience Features a 275 lb weight capacity
- RECLINE WITH CONFIDENCE Comfortably recline up to 135 degrees and feel secure because the 360 degree swivel base provides sturdy support for both the extendable footrest and reclining back allowing you to focus on your foes, not your balance
- AWARD NOMINATED BRAND, RESPAWN is committed to your satisfaction and covers this gaming chair with our RESPAWN Limited Lifetime Warranty
Home Swivel & Glider Recliner
A very solid looking reclining chair. One size so should be good for most people.
Electric Recliner Lift Chairs
Electric recliner lift chairs are designed to provide a substantial amount of support and are beneficial to individuals suffering from a variety of illnesses such as CHF, COPD, diabetes, knee and hip replacements etc. If you happen to suffer from a medical condition that has you confined to your chair or couch, the different positions that a lift chair provides you with can help prevent problems such as sores, swelling or stiffness that may occur due to prolonged sitting.
Electric recliner lift chairs are very easy to operate. The controls are operated by the use of a handset or corded wand. This handset is attached to the lift chair so there is no need for concern about losing the chair controls in between the cushions of the chair or taken into another room.
The basic versions of electric recliner lift chairs can be operated with as little as two buttons. More advanced versions can have additional benefits such as massage options and a heated chair control. Users of these types of medical equipment can be easily lifted to an almost standing position when they wish to get out of the chair and most all reclining chairs are outfitted with a back up battery power source, so should the motor experience any problems the chair can still return to a sitting or standing position.
If you or a loved one is in need of an electric recliner lift chair your health care provider is an excellent resource for any questions. The Internet has a variety of options available for those looking to purchase Lift Chairs. Just be sure to find out if your insurance would cover any portion of the chair before you decide to make a purchase. Most insurance companies pay for the lift mechanism only, however there are other means for getting reimbursed for the entire lift chair.
Electric recliner lift chairs provide some excellent health benefits to those who use them in addition to allowing them to have a new degree of independence that they would not be able to have without the chair.
Power Lift Chair Electric Recliner Heated Vibration Massage
- 💺【Non-toxic Material】: We insist on choosing environmentally friendly timber with higher production costs. All wood boards used in our products are formaldehyde-free, conform to the P2 Requirement of California Air Resources Board(CARB). We committed to protect the health of the elderly who chooses our electric lift chair.
- 💺【UL Approved Silent Lift Motor】 – With our powerful silent lift motor, our lift chair can pushes the entire chair up to help the senior stand up easily without adding stress to back or knees. Design of right arm control button, our lift recliner chair reclines up to 150 degrees,the footrest and backrest are extended or retracted Simultaneously. You can smoothly adjust to customized position and stop lifting or reclining at any position you needed.
- 💺【Heated Vibration Massage & USB Outlet】 – This chair come with 4 areas of massage(shin, thigh, lumbar, head) and 5 modes( pulse, press, wave, auto, normal). Extra USB charging port will allow you charging your devices during you sitting or reclining. Which is functional for optimal comfort, perfect for reading, sleeping or napping. (Note:The USB ports ONLY for Low-Power devices, such as Phone, iPad or Headset.)
- 💺【Soft Fabric and Overstuffed Padding】 – Lining Springs with Overstuffed backrest and seat cushion will bring you more comfortable, just like the whole body is wrapped up in chair. Treated fabric surface will bring a warm and soft tactile impression, also certain effect of anti-felting and anti-pilling.
- 💺【Assemble and Long Term Customer Service】 – Come with assemble & use instructions. Super easy assemble and usually only need 10-15mins to finish the installation, no tools required. If any shipping damage when it arrive or defective during usage, please feel free to write us, we will provide best solution in 24 hours. We also provide 1 year technical support for the lift motor tand steel frame.