10 Design Ideas for a Cozy Bedroom Office With a Work From Home Setup
Working From Your Home Bedroom Office
Whether you’re a remote employee or freelance creative, you deserve to work in comfort with a cozy bedroom office. Sometimes, though, it’s difficult to merge work with your home.
If you’re sick of typing spreadsheets and editing photos from the sofa or dining table, these 10 design ideas help transform your bedroom into a cozy, functional work-from-home setup.
Standard Home Office Small Desk
CubiCubi Study Computer Desk 40″ Home Office Writing Small Desk, Modern Simple Style PC Table, Black Metal Frame, Rustic Brown
- Meet more needs：Storage bag and hook are added based on the basic computer desk
- Sturdy and Durable：Use triangle iron and diagonal scaffold braces to connect the frame
- Multiple-choice：32/40/47/55/63 inch available for different purposes like a home office, study, writing
- Installation Guide：Except for the manual, you can also refer
1. Choose Your Home Office Workspace
When you work from home, you need a functional workspace. The space depends on the work you do, however.
For example, a photographer may need a cozy corner dedicated to the craft, with special lighting and props within arm’s reach. If you need to type, you only need a laptop and a comfortable chair.
When designing your work-from-home office bedroom, consider the work you do and the functionality you need.
You may need a full office setup with desk, printer, dual monitors, and more. With any luck, a simple writing surface and comfy chair will suffice.
Electric Standing Sitting Home Office Desk
FLEXISPOT Electric Standing Desk Whole Piece 48 x 30 Inch Desktop Adjustable Height Desk Home Office Computer Workstation Sit Stand up Desk (White Frame + White Top, 2 Packages)
- COZY & ERGONOMIC WHOLE-PIECE WORKSPACE: Spacious 48” x 30” eco-friendly whole-piece desktop offers a roomy setup for 2 monitors and a laptop so you can spread out and calmly take on the challenges of the work day. Please allow a slight 0 to1-inch difference in desktop size due to
2. Invest in Quality Office Furniture
Once you’ve chosen the type of workspace you need, it’s time to shop for the largest investment: furniture. There are plenty of opportunities for affordable options, but focusing on quality is important.
You’ll spend a lot of time sitting in your office chair, so look for a comfortable and supportive piece.
A quality mattress is a wise investment if you plan to do most of your work from bed. Recycle your old mattress using a mattress disposal company and choose a new plush or firm option instead.
Best Office Chair Under $200
There are some great chairs out there to choose from. However to save you a little time, take a look at our recommendation below which seems to be everyone’s favorite at the right affordable price.
If you want to splash the bucks, then consider investing in a Herman Miller Office Chair. They have been around since the 1900s and are regarded as the best and most comfortable office chair money can buy.
Hbada Office Chair, Desk Chair with Flip-Up Armrests and Saddle Cushion, Ergonomic Office Chair with S-Shaped Backrest, Swivel, Mesh, for Home and Office, Black
- 【Space Saving】 Introducing a new office chair with flip-up armrests that won’t get in the way when the chair is not in use! Simply flip the armrest up 90 degrees when not in use to give yourself more space for other activities. Whether it’s in a study, bedroom,
3. Add Some Fresh Greenery
A few plants or flowers help liven up any space. If you’re new to gardening, opt for a plant that’s easy to grow, such as a snake plant or pothos.
Plants are exceedingly good for your health, and research shows that interacting with plants reduces physical and mental stress throughout the workday.
Whether you go for the real thing in an office plant that you will actually have to look after, or if you decide on a fake office plant will depend on how you feel about looking after a real plant.
Giving it some food and water at least once or twice a week should be quite easy to do. You can always invest in a plant feeder to do this for you.
A real plant comes with added benefits of providing fresh air into the room, and one with a scent could give even more added value.
4. Cozy Up With a Rug
A plush rug instantly makes any space feel more inviting. The warm texture beneath your feet is a comforting stress relief while you work. Rugs also help separate your room into distinctive spaces.
You can center your office area on one rug and your bed on another to make the zones feel more separate.
5. Use Breezy Curtains
Curtains are decorative as well as functional, but steer clear of light-blocking drapes. While these are great for sleeping soundly, you need something airier while you work. A light cotton-gauze fabric lets light into the room while adding to the cozy feel of the space.
If you need total darkness to sleep, consider using a dual curtain rod and two separate sets of drapes for day and nighttime use. You can also consider combining curtains with blinds. In this way, you can control the amount of light you need during the day.
RYB HOME Extra Long Curtains – Solid Linen Curtains Breezy Hazy Vision Window Decor for Bedroom Canopy Bed Bathroom High Ceiling Sliding Glass Door Sheer Backdrop, 52 x 95, 1 Pair, Angora
- WELL MADE – Made of high-density fabric with line weave textile. 1.6-inch inner-diameter grommets that fit most of the curtain rod; 2″ bottom hem enable sheers hanging more vertical.
- LINEN TEXTURED – Soild curtains with subtle linen design are more intersting looking then plain sheers. Unlike ordinary sheers,the
6. Showcase Your Favorite Collectibles
There are a lot of perks when you’re working from home. You can decorate your space however you like. If you have a hobby or collection, why not show it off?
Add a bookshelf or wall shelf and display the things you treasure most. It’s bound to boost your spirits throughout the day.
7. Stow Away Office Equipment and Clutter
Printers, cords, and other clutter are visually unappealing — but necessary. You can quickly access these items by storing them out of sight in easy-to-reach places.
For example, use a desk drawer to hide your printer or a basket with a lid for cords. Look for desk organization tools like pen holders and drawer organizers to sort sticky pads, pens, and other items. There are plenty of attractive options available that blend with your decor rather than stand out.
8. Add Good Quality Lighting
Natural light is always the best option, but lamps and candles add a cozy atmosphere to any space. Consider a hanging lamp over your desk or a few candles scattered throughout the room. They’ll help you see better while also making the space feel more inviting.
9. Get Creative With Artwork
It’s important to decorate your space, so it’s a better reflection of your own personality. Artwork is one of the easiest ways to make your bedroom office feel like home. You don’t need to spend a ton of cash, though.
Browse your local flea markets and antique shops for art that speak to you personally. There are plenty of small shops online that specialize in inexpensive custom artwork too. If you have a bit of talent yourself, consider creating your own art.
Wall Office Art
Inspirational Wall Art for Office Quotes Theme Decor Women Motivational Canvas Prints Framed Bathrooms Modern Size 12×16
- CANVAS WALL ART SIZE:12×16 inches They were not taken in real display rooms and do not represent the real size of the print set.Please refer to the last picture for the specific size.
- HI-Q MATERIAL:high quality, HD prints on premium canvas, waterproof, UV resistant, fading resistant indoor.
10. Curl Up With a Blanket
There’s no rule about blankets when you work from home. You can curl up in your desk chair with a plush throw and do your work in total comfort.
Look for an oversized option that matches your bedding. You can fold it across the end of your bed when you’re done with work for the day.
PAVILIA Light Grey Plush Throw Blanket for Couch, Sherpa Soft Cozy Blanket and Throw for Sofa Bed, Decorative Fur Fuzzy Warm Fleece Blanket, Lightweight Boho Home Decor All Season, 50×60
- SUPER SOFT SHERPA BLANKET: This light grey cozy plush throw blanket is made of 100% soft sherpa fleece microfiber thats warm yet lightweight. Its fluffy and furry texture makes the blanket super soft and cozy as a blanket for couch and the ideal fuzzy faux fur throw
If you incorporate a few of these ideas into your bedroom office design, you’ll feel cozy throughout the workday (and night). Just make sure you don’t get too comfortable or you may fall asleep on the job.