Whether you’re in a small apartment or a big villa, there’s always the need to have a spacious home. It’s just nice to live in and makes your place feel more welcoming.
A cramped space not only looks aesthetically unpleasing, but it can also affect your well-being making you feel stressed and irritable. If you wish to achieve more space in your home, here are some easy steps you can take.
1. Add More Light
Keep those dark, heavy curtains away and bring in the light. During day time, you’ll want to keep your windows open to bring in more light and air. The natural light will really open up the area and emphasize your interior decor.
For night time, you’ll want to utilize all the lights you have available. Consider putting lamps in poorly illuminated areas. Think warm, soft lighting. That way, the room still feels relaxing even with the added lights.
Heat and Full Light Blocking Drapes with Black Liner
- Each Classic Lined Curtain measures 52″ wide x 84″ long (Total width is 104″)
- The best blackout curtains on the market
- Sew in black liner backing makes the drapes thick enough to completely keep out the 100% SUNLIGHT and UV RAY
- The greatest benefit is to offer you a real dark environment, bringing you a good night's sleep during the day
- The effect of absorbing sound is 2 times higher than the ordinary 1-layer of curtains so that at any time you are not disturbed by noise
- Draperies constructed with 2 layers are all triple weave blackout fabric
2. Add Multiple Mirrors
Mirrors can do a lot in making your space feel bigger. If you are working with little natural light, mirrors will enhance the brightness of a room provided you position it correctly. If you have a view outside of your room, place the mirror on the side of the wall so it’s facing the view. This way, you’ll always catch a sight of what’s outside.
Full Length Floor Mirror with Standing Holder
- The frame is made of anti-rust aluminum alloy, sturdy and strong
- The mirror use shatter-proof glass
- The mirror can lean to the wall or standing anywhere with the stand
3. Add Vertical Storage
This principle can be applied in almost any part of your home. If you have excess stuff that’s cluttering your space whether it’s the spices in your kitchen, the books in your living room, or the toiletries in your bathroom, you can easily fix the problem with vertical storage shelving. It gives a home to your items without taking up space on your floor or counters.
Vertical Dresser Storage Tower
- Features 3 removable drawers
- Use in or out of the closet and keep clutter under control by storing all of your clothing and accessories in one convenient place
- Store and organize workout gear, leggings, yoga pants, sweaters, linens and more
- The vertical design fits easily in many locations throughout the home
- Use as a nightstand and keep your alarm clock, journal, glasses close at hand
- Mix & match with other mDesign storage organizers for endless organizational possibilities
4. Choose The Right Furniture
When we think of adding more space, we might resort to getting rid of furniture. However, it doesn’t always work that way. Sometimes, it’s about picking the right furniture and placing them in the right places.
For example, a modular sofa could make your room look bigger but if it’s positioned too close to the coffee table, it might make it difficult to navigate the living room. Give some balance of space between your furniture so you can walk through a room with ease.
Modern L-Shaped Sectional 2pc Loveseat to Chaise Ottoman Sofa
- Dark Grey upholstered contemporary sofa design made of soft fabrics
- Can be arranged and reconfigurable in various ways for small or large spacious living areas
- Customize it to a 2 or 3 seater sofa, a chaise lounger, loveseat or change it to additional sofa positions
- This set includes a left corner seat, right facing corner seat, middle seat and an chaise ottoman or coffee table and two accent pillows
- Each piece can adjust configuration and can be left facing or right facing
5. Put Clutter Away
Clutter can make a room feel small and disorganized. Make an effort to get rid of them every now and then. You have the option to sell, throw them away or donate to your local charity.
Moving forward, you can avoid having to throw unwanted items by being deliberate about what you bring into your house. Avoid impulse buying and only get it if you really need it. You can even make a rule that if you bring in something new, you have to get rid of two items from your home.
If you must keep some of these items, at least find a home for them. This is where storage comes in handy. We now have genius storage solutions that can hide things in plain sight.
Items like an ottoman chair, an open shelf coffee table, and an under-bed storage are great at storing items that you might need later.
Wood and Metal Cocktail Table with Storage Shelf and 2 Drawers
- MORDERN & UNIQUE DESIGN
- SPACE SAVING
- PREMIUM MATERIAL
- MULTIPLE USES
6. Create Organizational Zones
When you live in a small space, one room can instantly turn into a multi-purpose area. Instead of just throwing everything together, it’s better to create zones. This prevents clutter from building up since you know exactly where each item belongs. Books belong in the reading nook, tech items in the office area, food in the dining area, and so on.
7. Use an Off-Site Storage Space
If you’re really struggling to find more space in your home, you can use an off-site storage space. They’re available in different sizes to fit your storage needs. Here, you can store items that you can retrieve later such as important documents, off-season clothes, sentimental items, etc.
Check out our stunning Aviation Furniture Collection. A piece of unique furniture for your home or office.
|Top Top||Pulaski Modern Industrial Metal and Leather Aviation Accent Arm Chair||Prime||Take a Look|
|Top||Pulaski Handmade Aviation Accent Chest, Medium, Black||Prime||Take a Look|
|Top||Butler Specialty Company Midway Aviator Living Room Coffee Cocktail Table - Silver/Gray||Prime||Take a Look|
|Top||ACME Brancaster Desk - 92190 - Aluminum||Prime||Take a Look|
|Top||Safavieh Safavieh Home Collection Aviator Desk, Silver||Prime||Take a Look|
|Top||Best Choice Products Modern Faux Leather Convertible Futon Sofa Bed Recliner Couch w/Metal Legs, 2 Cup Holders - Brown||Prime||Take a Look|
|Top||Minka-Aire F844-DK Light Wave 52" Ceiling Fan with LED Light and Remote, Distressed Koa||Prime||Take a Look|
|Top||Hand-Hammered Aviator Aluminum Mid Century Modern Classic Arne Jacobsen Style Egg Replica Lounge Chair with Premium Vintage Wax Black PU Leather Fiberglass Inner Shell and Polished Aluminium Frame||Prime||Take a Look|
|Top||NauticalMart Aviator 3 Door Sideboard End Table||Prime||Take a Look|
|Top||NauticalMart Side Table - Metal Side Table - Metal End Table - Office Furniture - Metal - Airplane Metal - Side Table - End Table||Prime||Take a Look|