Table of Contents
- 1 The Best Coffee Machines On The Market In 2020
- 1.1 Keurig K-Classic Coffee Maker
- 1.2 Cuisinart SS-10P1 Premium Single-Serve Coffeemaker
- 1.3 Technivorm Moccamaster 10-Cup Coffee Maker
- 1.4 Keurig K-Mini Coffee Maker
- 1.5 Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Coffee Maker
- 1.6 Breville Barista Express Espresso Machine
- 1.7 Cuisinart Coffee Center Coffeemaker
- 1.8 Having Guests Over or Spare Room Coffee Machine
The Best Coffee Machines On The Market In 2020
Coffee. CafÃ©. Java. Espresso. Latte. No matter how you spell it or prepare it, coffee is an obsession for most people who drink it. At one time, the only place you could get specialty coffees like cappuccinos or espressos was in a boutique coffee shop, or you could get by at home with standard pot coffee (which can also be excellent, thank you).
Now having an espresso machine in the home is as simple as picking one up from a kitchen accessory store like Williams Sonoma or from Amazon which is what most prefer due to their honest appraisals from those who have genuinely bought them. They either love them or hate them. No better way to make your mind up than seeing those negative comments on a machine that you maybe once considered.
But not everyone uses this machine everyday, that is what they say, I am not so sure, so the question becomes where to put this modern marvel. Inside the cabinet next to the blender perhaps?
No, these days a coffee machine has become part of the furniture. They are right there next to the kettle as most people now go straight to the coffee machine first thing in a morning for that relaxing start to the day.
These specialty coffee machines are made to be as neat looking as the coffee they produce. In newer kitchens, they are showcased as built-in models, or placed in a spot that was designed just for them, the coffee or beverage bar. The built in model is not as popular as it used to be, simply because the standalone designer model has advanced so much in the current years that it is a marvel in itself.
More and more, I am seeing a trend of putting in coffee bars in master bed & bathrooms, guest suites, or media game rooms as well as in their normal spot in kitchens. Beverage centers that have not only a coffee spot and a coffee table, but wine, liquor, and soda storage have taken this idea a step further in kitchens as well as in media/game rooms. These are obviously for those who have a little extra cash in their lives. Not all of us can afford the luxury of a downstairs gym with a coffee machine in it.
There are two main types of coffee makers espresso machines, built-in or counter top models. All you need for the countertop model is a plug, and the ability to bring water to it.
A built-in model requires a cabinet to be placed into (hence the term built-in), be sure you have a reliable power source (a dedicated outlet may be required), and be sure that you have a water connection available if required.
For me the choice is simple. The countertop model stands out as the number one choice. It is simple to fill and easy to maintain, and if it gets too old or breaks down you can simply replace it with a newer more modern version.
My current coffee machine is exactly in that position now. As much as we love it, we have had it over 10 years and bought it after going on holiday and staying a week in Italy in a house that had this machine.
It has been fantastic, but is no longer made. Getting parts for it, or having it repaired will cost as much as getting a brand new up to date model. There is only one simple choice. Bin it and move on.
This is our new machine. Bought this week (October 2020) after very little research. It is by far one of “the” most popular coffee machines on the market today. With so many quality reviews I did not have to look far to see what I wanted.
I find this type of research done by those who have bought the product is invaluable when you are looking to buy something that is not particularly cheap. You want something that will last and has obviously been tested by lots of people already for its versatility and reliability.
|Breville BES870XL Barista Express Espresso Machine, Brushed Stainless Steel||Prime||Take a Look|
|Ninja Specialty Coffee Maker, with 50 oz. Glass Carafe, Black and Stainless Steel Finish||Prime||Take a Look|
|Espresso Machines 15 Bar Cappuccino Machine with Milk Frother for Espresso, Latte and Mocha, 1.5L Removable Water Tank and Double Temperature Control System, Classial, Sliver, 1050W||Prime||Take a Look|
|Keurig K-Elite Coffee Maker, Single Serve K-Cup Pod Coffee Brewer, With Iced Coffee Capability, Brushed Slate||Prime||Take a Look|
|Espresso Machine 3.5 Bar 4 Cup Espresso Maker Cappuccino Machine with Steam Milk Frother and Carafe||Prime||Take a Look|
|Top||Espresso Machines 15 Bar Cappuccino Machine with Adjustable Milk Frother for Espresso, Latte and Mocha, 1.5L Removable Water Tank and Double Temperature Control System, Black, 1100W||Prime||Take a Look|
|De'Longhi BCO430BM Combination Pump Espresso and 10c Drip Coffee Machine with Advanced Cappuccino System||Prime||Take a Look|
|Tom Dixon Men's Brew French Press, Copper, Metallic, Bronze, One Size||Prime||Take a Look|
|Mr. Coffee One-Touch CoffeeHouse Espresso Maker and Cappuccino Machine||Prime||Take a Look|
|JURA GIGA 6 Automatic Coffee Machine, Silver||Prime||Take a Look|
Keurig K-Classic Coffee Maker
A very very popular coffee machine that has an unbelievable following. Well worth a quick look.
The model shown is a built-in style that does not require a water supply to attach to, so you must fill the tank and bring the water to it. This is a great option if you are trying to minimize construction costs.
This model also has easier clean up because it uses a k-cup pod system instead of messy grounds. There is another model that is almost identical to this, but requires you to connect a water supply.
They have a variety of different machines to suit different budgets, all of which are made to sit on the countertop and be seen. For those of you who want nothing to do with all of the fancy stuff, and would much prefer a regular cup of joe, there is a coffee system made just for you.
- Brews multiple k-cup pod sizes: (6, 8, 10 ounce) – the most popular k-cup pod brew sizes. Use the 6 ounce brew size to achieve the strongest brew.
- Large 48 ounce water reservoir: Allows you to brew 6+ cups before having to refill, saving you time and simplifying your morning routine. The water reservoir is removable, making it easy to refill whenever you need to.
- Descaling: An important part of cleaning your keurig brewer. This process helps to remove calcium deposits, or scale, that can build up inside a coffee maker over time.
- Auto-off: An auto-off feature is easily programmed to turn off your coffee maker after it has been idle for two hours, helping to save energy.
- Simple button controls: Just insert a pod, select your desired cup brew size, and brew a great-tasting cup in under a minute.
Taking A Coffee Break
The coffee break is normally one of the American traditions of taking a break during office hours. It actually started in the early 20th century, and until now, most Americans are still practicing it.
Most employees take a coffee believing that it will help them reduce stress from work. Although this is true, some are still finding additional methods of relaxation to completely ease their stress. For me though just a coffee sometime during the break is always a relaxer.
Cuisinart SS-10P1 Premium Single-Serve Coffeemaker
There is not a lot to say about this machine. Again it is a very popular machine with many great reviews. They do not tell you a lot about the machine. However reviews tell you eberything you need to know. A well liked coffee machine.
- K-Cup compatible brewer makes one cup at a time, Compatible with any brand of single cup pod including Keurig K-Cup pods. Cord length : 32 Inches
- Included Components: SS-10 unit
- 72-oz water reservoir
- Removable drip tray
Technivorm Moccamaster 10-Cup Coffee Maker
The technivorm is a very popular coffee machine that has been well reviewed and has a very popular following. It also comes with a quality 5 year warranty.
If you frequently have guests coming to your home and you want to add a nice touch to their room (or even glam this idea up and use it in your master bedroom), take a hint from hotels and add a little nook for coffee:
- Perfect Coffee Every Time: This pump-free coffee maker heats water to the correct temperature for coffee extraction
- Easy to Use: The Moccamaster brews a full 40 oz pot of coffee in 4-6 minutes using one switch
- Quiet and Safe: The Moccamaster KBG quietly brews your coffee and automatically turns off after 100 minutes
- Quality Materials: Moccamasters last a lifetime. We use BPA/BPS/BPF and Phthalate free plastics and durable stainless steel and aluminum
- Delicious Coffee and Peace of Mind: Moccamaster coffee brewers have a 5-year warranty
Keurig K-Mini Coffee Maker
Yet another popular coffee machine from Keurig. They seem to hog the market at the top end of the range for those who are looking for a good quality coffee machine.
- FITS ANYWHERE: Less than 5 inches wide, perfect for small spaces
- YOUR PERFECT AMOUNT: Brew any cup size between 6-12oz with Keurig K-Cup pods
- ONE CUP RESERVOIR: Just add fresh water for each brew
- FAST & FRESH BREWED: Coffee made in minutes
- CORD STORAGE: For easy transport and tidy countertops
- TRAVEL MUG FRIENDLY: Removable drip tray accommodates travel mugs up to 7.0 inches tall and holds a full accidental brew for easy cleanup
- ENERGY EFFICIENT: Auto off feature turns off your coffee maker 90 seconds after your last brew, helping to save energy
- COMPATIBLE WITH THE MY K-CUP UNIVERSAL REUSABLE COFFEE FILTER: Brew your own ground coffee (sold separately)
- INCLUDED IN THE BOX: Keurig K-Mini single serve coffee maker
- MATTE FINISH: Sleek simplicity meets modern style the K-Mini coffee maker is available in a variety of matte-finish colors
Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Coffee Maker
- On/off indicator light lets you know when your coffee maker is on or off
- Grab a cup auto pause stops cycle if you need a cup before brewing is finished
- Dual water window allows visibility as you fill no more overflows
- Lift and clean filter basket for fast and easy clean up
- Easy cord storage eliminates counter clutter. Watts: 900
- Cord length: 26 inches
- Height: 12.56 inches x width: 11.76 inches x depth: 8.43 inches. Weight: 3.6 pounds
Breville Barista Express Espresso Machine
A more expensive coffee machine with lots of bells and whistles to choose from. There have been a lot of sales of this machine, but the only thing I would look at is the warranty. A 1 year warranty for a product that is not cheap is not ideal.
- Dose control grinding: Integrated conical burr grinder grinds on demand to deliver the right amount of freshly ground coffee directly into the portafilter for your preferred taste with any roast of bean
- Precise espresso extraction: Digital temperature control (PID) delivers water at precisely the right temperature, ensuring optimal Espresso extraction
- Micro foam milk texturing: The steam wand performance allows you to hand texture micro foam milk that enhances flavor and enables creation of latte art
- Grind size dial: Simple and intuitive, giving you control over the grind size no matter what type of bean you’re grinding
- Hands free operation: Innovative grinding cradle allows any at home Barista to grind directly into the espresso port filter
- Bean Hopper Capacity: 1/2 lb.; Water Tank Capacity: 67 oz.
- Settings: Single or double shots; Adjustable grind amount & manual over ride;
- Power 1600 Watts; Volts 120
- 1 Year Limited Product Warranty
Cuisinart Coffee Center Coffeemaker
Yet another very popular coffee machine that is not overly priced. Sadly I could not find anywhere anything that mentioned the warranty, so I would presume it is the standard 1 year warranty.
- 12-cup glass carafe with stainless steel handle. Material: Metal
- Brew Strength Control – select BOLD for stronger coffee flavor. BPA free.MC Cubic Feet: 1.71
- Gold-tone coffee filter lets only pure coffee flavor flow through.UC Cubic Feet: 1.26
- Single-Serve serving sizes: 6, 8, 10 oz; Charcoal water filter
- Includes Cuisinart’s Home Barista Reusable Filter Cup which lets you use your own coffee, K-Cup pod compatible as well.
Having Guests Over or Spare Room Coffee Machine
To avoid needing to install a sink in the nook, provide bottled water to fill the coffee tank. Make sure to also provide a trash can for coffee grinds, as well as cups and accoutrements for the coffee. Refrigeration is optional (and a bit unnecessary) for guest rooms, but recommended for master suites.
If you want to create a neat coffee bar in your own home, and you don’t really use your breakfast nook, try doing something like this to utilize this forsaken space and make it fun again:This is a perfect idea for empty nesters that have friends over for morning coffee or for a family with older high school or college age children at home.
We are lucky that so much of modern life revolves around family and friends, and that food and drinks of all kinds are so readily available and help to bring us together. We often try not to miss a second of these good times, least of all on sleep. Here’s to love, life, and the pursuit of caffeine!