Table of Contents
- 1 Asian Furniture Worth a Look
- 1.0.1 Japanese 4-Panel Screen Room Divider
- 1.0.2 Rosewood Square Ming Table
- 1.0.3 Oriental Furniture Black Lacquer End Table
- 1.0.4 Oriental Furniture 17″ Ido Lamp
- 1.0.5 Oriental Furniture Rosewood Altar Cabinet
- 1.0.6 Rosewood Bedside Table Antique Black
- 1.0.7 Korean Antique Style 3 Drawer End Table Cabinet
Asian Furniture Worth a Look
Chinese and Japanese offerings have had a great influence on Western furniture and modern design. Bedroom furniture pieces such as the platform bed and futon, and stacked chests and trunks are examples of Asian-inspired furniture that is practical and compact, and stylish and sophisticated.
Lacquered surfaces are a key attribute of the Chinese furniture style, creating luxuriantly deep finishes that are paradoxically subtle and striking in their elegance.
Composed of ebony, teak and rosewood, Chinese furniture often bears an inlay of semi-precious materials like lapis lazuli, jade and mother-of-pearl. Symmetrical construction, miter joints and copper, brass or pewter brackets are used to create a clean profile that enhances a modern, cosmopolitan living space.
Space-saving savvy puts Japanese-inspired furniture high on the list of city dwellers and dorm room denizens alike. If you love your sleek, streamlined platform bed and couldn’t live without your stowaway futon, you owe your admiration to the ingenuity of a culture that traditionally shuns large, overwrought furniture.
Other recognizable items that hail from Japan include the stacked Tansu chests and Nagamochi trunks. Like Chinese furnishings, furniture influenced by Japanese design defined by its joinery, with master artisans taking years to learn the construction of these complex, durable joints.
They take great pride in the general lack of nails or glue that holds the structure together, and in the joint’s shock absorbing properties.
Much contemporary furniture owes its inspiration to ancient Oriental designs. We found the beauty of a piece in its usefulness and construction. They valued simplicity of design more than ostentatious and gaudy overindulgence.
We can say the same for today’s modern furniture, especially bedroom furniture, where sleek and simple equals stylish and sophisticated.
Other Types of Asian or Japanese Furniture
Japanese 4-Panel Screen Room Divider
- Japanese-inspired room divider for creating privacy in small spaces, lightweight but stable frame made of wood with black finish
- Panels fashioned from white rice paper with a red and black plum branch print
- Ready to use instantly, easy to move, folds flat for storage
- Items may slightly different from photo in terms of color due to the lighting during photo shooting or the monitor’s display
- Each panel approximately: 17″W x 71″H; Overall dimensions when fully opened approximately : 71″W x 71″H
Rosewood Square Ming Table
Oriental Furniture Black Lacquer End Table
- Choose from black lacquer, burl veneer, red lacquer or gold leaf lacquer
- Beautiful heirloom quality craftsmanship, hand finished decoration
- Browse our huge selection of japanese and chinese décor, art, lamps and gifts on Amazon.com.
- Top Material: Wood
Oriental Furniture 17″ Ido Lamp
- Sturdy kiln dried scandinavian spruce wood, tough fiber reinforced washi paper shade
- Ul approved wiring, socket and switch, us standard bulb, simple assembly required
- Great gift idea, man or woman, from a collection of 50+ japanese lantern designs
Oriental Furniture Rosewood Altar Cabinet
Fine kiln dried rose wood, classic asian craftsmanship, heirloom quality.
Rosewood Bedside Table Antique Black
Korean Antique Style 3 Drawer End Table Cabinet
- Beautiful Asian design nightstand, end table, or lamp table
- Dark stained fine grain hand rubbed wood finish
- Authentic antique style medallion hasp, strap hinges, corner fittings and handles
- Unique Japanese/Korean style cantilevered top
- Includes lucky brass fish lock & key