The exterior part of your home may seem as if it is insignificant, however that is not entirely true. You can become so accustom to the exterior accents of their own house that they forget it is the first impression that is seen and made.
And, if your exteriors are experiencing the similar trait of becoming dull and a lack luster visually then don’t fret because a simple way to fix that is a fresh coat of paint. That’s right just a touch up and you are good to go. The good things like BBQs and sorting out your patio and garden can come at a later date.
First things first, take a look around your home and take note of the characteristics that your home already has. The location of the house, your family and lifestyle, and the neighborhood can all have influence over the color palette you want for that place.
Look for distinct architectural features on your home, like perhaps your home has a Georgian style or Latin design elements to it pull from those features and have them apply to your color scheme.
Take Note From Your Past Experiences
Learn from the past. How about personalizing your place a little more starting from the exteriors? Think of any favorite vacation memories, maybe a trip to the Grand Canyon or a getaway to Hawaii, take the color schemes used from those areas and incorporate them on your crib’s exteriors.
Or if you like you can refer to the color schemes used in historical time periods such as the Art Deco period or Baroque period.
The exterior part of your residence is just as important as the rest. It is the first thing people notice and the last thing they remember. If it doesn’t appeal to you like it used to then you don’t have to go overboard with upgrades and remodeling, just a fresh splash of paint will suffice.
Now take a look above at how you can go about choosing the right paints and the perfect Exterior Colors.
Table of Contents
How To Find The Perfect Exterior Colors For Your Home
Image via: Pimsler-Hoss Architects, Inc.
Painters Touch Latex
- Use for a variety of indoor and outdoor project surfaces including wood, metal, plaster, masonry or unglazed ceramic
- Water-based acrylic formula is low odor, resist chips and provides long-lasting protection
- Covers up to 120 sq ft and dries to touch in 30 minutes for quick project completion
- Gloss finish provides a fresh new look for surfaces, goes on smoothly and provides excellent hide
- Prior to application sand surfaces with 180/200 grit sandpaper, then wash with a degreaser, allow the surface to dry and apply paint
Take Note Of Your Home’s Best Attributes
Image via: Vinyl Siding Institute
Paint Brush Set
- Set includes 1 each 3 inch Flat and 2-1/2 inch Angle Home Brush Set. Pro-Grade paint brushes are made with the consumer in mind from quality parts to the affordable price compared to other high quality paintbrushes
- The Angle sash paintbrush is perfect for cutting in walls and Flat Sash Paint Brushes are perfect for trim. Pro Grade paint brushes are designed for long lasting and to be washed and reused for all your painting projects and touch ups. NO CARDBOARD COVERS COME WITH THIS SET.
- A thick quality synthetic filament blend is designed hold more paint to save time with less streaks and premium finish on your walls or trim. Perfect for all latex and oil base paints and stains. Thinner tip at ends provides better cutting control.
- Heavy duty solid wood handles are designed for comfort and control. This allows the professional painter or the novice to get great results on painting walls, trim, cabinets, doors, fences, decks, touch ups and arts and crafts.
- Pro Grade brushes are priced right to allow professional painters or the novice painter the ability to use a high quality paintbrush without breaking the bank. From the thinner tip for cutting ease to the stainless steel ferrule connected to the solid wood comfort handle you will be satisfied.
Consider The Scenic Location Of Your Home
Or try the ever-popular approach, let nature be your guide. Use the scenic views around you to help with your paints. Nature will always and forever be a great inspiration to get ideas from.
From color schemes, to textures and varieties; nature will give you an endless supply of options for you to derive from. For instance, houses that are located next to the beach tend to pick up lighter hues such as pale or dull yellows, tans, blues, corals etc.
Image via: Island Timber Frame
5 Piece Paint Brush Set
- Paint Brush Set Includes 1 Ea of 1″ Flat, 1-1/2″ Angle, 2″ Stubby Angle, 2″ Flat & 2-1/2″ Angle
- Paint Brushes For Interior Or Exterior Projects. Use Angle Sash Paint Brush For Cutting Crisp Lines.
- Professional Results On Walls, Trim, Cabinets, Doors, Fences, Decks, Touch Ups, Arts And Crafts.
- Premium Quality Paint Brushes At A Cheap Price! No Cardboard Covers Come With This Set.
- The SRT filament blend holds more paint to save time, less streaks & premium finish on walls & trim.
|Little Giant 22-Foot Velocity Multi-Use Ladder, 300-Pound Duty Rating, 15422-001||Prime||Take a Look|
|Pro Grade - Paint Brushes - 5 Ea - Paint Brush Set||Prime||Take a Look|
|Prestige Exterior Paint and Primer In One, 1-Gallon, Flat, White||Prime||Take a Look|
|Ohuhu 12.5 FT Aluminum Telescopic Extension Ladder, ONE-BUTTON RETRACTION New Design Telescoping Ladder, ANSI Certified Extendable Ladder with Spring Loaded Locking Mechanism, 330 Pound Capacity||Prime||Take a Look|
|Rust-Oleum 1938502 Painters Touch Latex, 1-Quart, Hunter Green||Prime||Take a Look|
|Pro Grade - Paint Brushes - 3Ea - Paint Brush Set||Prime||Take a Look|
|Rust-Oleum 206999 Marine Topside Paint, Gloss White, 1-Quart||Prime||Take a Look|
|16.5FT Aluminum Telescoping Extension Ladder 330lbs Max Capacity A-Frame Lightweight Portable Multi-Purpose Folding with Support Bar Anti-Slip EN131 Certificated||Prime||Take a Look|